Always consult your health professional if you have questions about your symptoms and how to treat them. We’ve put together a list of tips that might help to soothe cold symptoms:
- Get plenty of sleep. Resting boosts the immune system.
- Drink lots of fluids. Aim for eight glasses of water a day. Avoid coffee, tea and alcohol as they can dehydrate you.
- Eat fresh, nutritious food. Eat plenty of fruit, vegetables, and grains. Juice is ideal for those with a lack of appetite. Avoid food which is high in sugar or heavily processed.
- Use a clean humidifier or cool mist vapouriser. A humidifier or vapouriser can limit the conditions in which cold viruses thrive. Dry air dries the mucous membranes, causing a blocked nose and sore throat.
- Always have a tissue on hand to catch coughs and sneezes. Kleenex Special Care Tissues, available in Aloe Vera and Eucalyptus, are designed specifically to help deal with the symptoms of colds and flu. When you're out and about, ensure you have Kleenex Pocket Pack tissues with you to cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze and cough to limit the spread of the germs to others.